Apply by 16 June for next HCJ support programme for competition due to launch in Nov 2017 – 30 vacancies available.
Forthcoming Circuit Selections Days have been extended and are now 20 June-7 July.
We have quite limited availability left for those who might want help preparing. Just so that you know ………..
First of a series of Career Development training courses with the Bar Council is aimed at women barristers and is being help on Sat 20 May in London.
Further courses to follow – register or express interest direct with Bar Council for courses from link above. Or maybe you’d like us to run the course in-house for you in chambers?
Let us know.
Very pleased to be running some further Mentoring Skills Training courses with the Bar Council – venues in London, Manchester and Sheffield. Click link above for further details and info on how to book.
There seems to be a delay for the QCA in collecting assessments as some emails have not got through system firewalls to assessors ………. not sure why this is suddenly a problem this year ….. but the QCA are confident that they can achieve the new tighter timetable.
Quick update on current competitions:
- Deadline for silk has just passed ….. we saw over 60 candidates – will confirm actual number who applied in the end, once the dust has settled
- 13 April at 1pm is (new extended) deadline for 2 x competencies and Statement of Suitability for Circuit
- Track 2 HCJ selection days have started now and run until 12 April
- Track 1 selection days for HCJ have just been confirmed (4 April), with selection days from 27 April
- DHCJ results due end of April, beginning of May
- The filtering job for Recorder is getting harder and harder the more this “jinxed” competition progresses. Next stage is submission of competencies and then a Telephone Assessment – the number of candidates who will need to be filtered out at this stage is likely to be huge, so I expect the Tel Ass will need to incorporate some wider filter opportunities and will surely take a lot longer than planned (4-23 May) or need a huge number of panels to run, to deal with the 2,400-ish candidates? All will be revealed soon by the JAC I’m sure ……….
- DJ Mags deadline is 4 April
- Lord Chief Justice deadline is 27 April ……..
- Chief Bankruptcy Registrar competition delayed until 11 April
It’s a busy old time – and, as ever, if you need any help or guidance with any of these, just get in touch ……
Or maybe you’d like us to come and do a Judicial or Silk Taster?
Hear from you soon!