254 candidates have applied for silk this year. Some of the headline stats from the QCA are summarised below:
- The number of applicants has increased from 237 last year to 254 this year. This is the highest number of applicants since 2009
- 13 solicitors have applied this year, slightly up from last year
- Six employed barristers have applied this year, last year the number was 2
- There is almost the same proportion of female applicants as last year. The proportion has been fairly stable for a few years now
- The proportion of applicants declaring an ethnic background other than white remains around 15%
At the beginning of September, all candidates will hear whether or not they have got through to interview stage, with details of an interview date for those who are successful.
Not long to go now ……….