First of a series of Career Development training courses with the Bar Council is aimed at women barristers and is being help on Sat 20 May in London.
Further courses to follow – register or express interest direct with Bar Council for courses from link above. Or maybe you’d like us to run the course in-house for you in chambers?
Let us know.
Very pleased to be running some further Mentoring Skills Training courses with the Bar Council – venues in London, Manchester and Sheffield. Click link above for further details and info on how to book.
Quick update on current competitions:
- Deadline for silk has just passed ….. we saw over 60 candidates – will confirm actual number who applied in the end, once the dust has settled
- 13 April at 1pm is (new extended) deadline for 2 x competencies and Statement of Suitability for Circuit
- Track 2 HCJ selection days have started now and run until 12 April
- Track 1 selection days for HCJ have just been confirmed (4 April), with selection days from 27 April
- DHCJ results due end of April, beginning of May
- The filtering job for Recorder is getting harder and harder the more this “jinxed” competition progresses. Next stage is submission of competencies and then a Telephone Assessment – the number of candidates who will need to be filtered out at this stage is likely to be huge, so I expect the Tel Ass will need to incorporate some wider filter opportunities and will surely take a lot longer than planned (4-23 May) or need a huge number of panels to run, to deal with the 2,400-ish candidates? All will be revealed soon by the JAC I’m sure ……….
- DJ Mags deadline is 4 April
- Lord Chief Justice deadline is 27 April ……..
- Chief Bankruptcy Registrar competition delayed until 11 April
It’s a busy old time – and, as ever, if you need any help or guidance with any of these, just get in touch ……
Or maybe you’d like us to come and do a Judicial or Silk Taster?
Hear from you soon!
Looking forward to working with the Bar Council to provide Mentoring Skills Training – pilot course on 6 March. For further details and how to book, click here.
We are delighted to be working with the Bar Council to provide Mentoring Training for the Bar – pilot course running on 6 Mar, 5.30pm-7.30pm – see following Bar Council link for more information, including details of how to book – 2 hours CPD.
The next London A and B panel competitions will take place in spring 2017 with the advert appearing at the end of February in the March edition of Counsel magazine.
The next competition to make appointments to the Regional Panel will take place in 2017.
Looks like it’s going to be a busy “spring” with all the competitions going on …… book early if you need our help!
Results of the recent survey for Women at the Bar are now available – over 1300 women at the Bar responded (that’s about a quarter of all women at the Bar) – sad to see that 2 out of 5 respondents have had experience of harassment and discrimination though.
Link to report available below.
Makes interesting reading for those determined to help retain quality talent at the Bar.