Next DHCJ competition is due to launch on 18 jan 2018 – there will be a 2 week window to submit applications, so start now ……….
Category Archives: Judicial
Launched on 2 Nov and closing date is 16 Nov at 1pm.
No previous judicial experience is required.
Process: complete a full self-assessment form, provide the names of 2 independent assessors, and provide 2 significant pieces of written work. This written evidence can comprise legal advice, a legal opinion, or a document that demonstrates legal analysis such as a published article (as sole author), public lecture, judgment, ruling or anything else that you consider appropriate.
Link here to JAC website for details.
High Court Judge competition launches 2 Nov 2017 with deadline of 16 Nov; and Deputy High Court Judge competition launches 18 Jan 2018.
Start getting your drafts ready, the turn around deadlines for both are (likely to be) tight.
Candidates will hear tomorrow (1 August) with the date of their Recorder selection day during the window 6-29 Sep. It will include a competency interview and role play. We already have 15 candidates signed up, many with slots booked already. Get in touch as soon as you hear to be sure to get a slot that fits with your selection day. Details here for costs and services we offer.
There are 150 vacancies, so atleast 300 will be attending selection days …… good luck everyone.
Apply by 16 June for next HCJ support programme for competition due to launch in Nov 2017 – 30 vacancies available.
Forthcoming Circuit Selections Days have been extended and are now 20 June-7 July.
We have quite limited availability left for those who might want help preparing. Just so that you know ………..
Quick update on current competitions:
- Deadline for silk has just passed ….. we saw over 60 candidates – will confirm actual number who applied in the end, once the dust has settled
- 13 April at 1pm is (new extended) deadline for 2 x competencies and Statement of Suitability for Circuit
- Track 2 HCJ selection days have started now and run until 12 April
- Track 1 selection days for HCJ have just been confirmed (4 April), with selection days from 27 April
- DHCJ results due end of April, beginning of May
- The filtering job for Recorder is getting harder and harder the more this “jinxed” competition progresses. Next stage is submission of competencies and then a Telephone Assessment – the number of candidates who will need to be filtered out at this stage is likely to be huge, so I expect the Tel Ass will need to incorporate some wider filter opportunities and will surely take a lot longer than planned (4-23 May) or need a huge number of panels to run, to deal with the 2,400-ish candidates? All will be revealed soon by the JAC I’m sure ……….
- DJ Mags deadline is 4 April
- Lord Chief Justice deadline is 27 April ……..
- Chief Bankruptcy Registrar competition delayed until 11 April
It’s a busy old time – and, as ever, if you need any help or guidance with any of these, just get in touch ……
Or maybe you’d like us to come and do a Judicial or Silk Taster?
Hear from you soon!