Candidates will hear tomorrow (1 August) with the date of their Recorder selection day during the window 6-29 Sep. It will include a competency interview and role play. We already have 15 candidates signed up, many with slots booked already. Get in touch as soon as you hear to be sure to get a slot that fits with your selection day. Details here for costs and services we offer.
There are 150 vacancies, so atleast 300 will be attending selection days …… good luck everyone.
Apply by 16 June for next HCJ support programme for competition due to launch in Nov 2017 – 30 vacancies available.
Forthcoming Circuit Selections Days have been extended and are now 20 June-7 July.
We have quite limited availability left for those who might want help preparing. Just so that you know ………..
Quick update on current competitions:
- Deadline for silk has just passed ….. we saw over 60 candidates – will confirm actual number who applied in the end, once the dust has settled
- 13 April at 1pm is (new extended) deadline for 2 x competencies and Statement of Suitability for Circuit
- Track 2 HCJ selection days have started now and run until 12 April
- Track 1 selection days for HCJ have just been confirmed (4 April), with selection days from 27 April
- DHCJ results due end of April, beginning of May
- The filtering job for Recorder is getting harder and harder the more this “jinxed” competition progresses. Next stage is submission of competencies and then a Telephone Assessment – the number of candidates who will need to be filtered out at this stage is likely to be huge, so I expect the Tel Ass will need to incorporate some wider filter opportunities and will surely take a lot longer than planned (4-23 May) or need a huge number of panels to run, to deal with the 2,400-ish candidates? All will be revealed soon by the JAC I’m sure ……….
- DJ Mags deadline is 4 April
- Lord Chief Justice deadline is 27 April ……..
- Chief Bankruptcy Registrar competition delayed until 11 April
It’s a busy old time – and, as ever, if you need any help or guidance with any of these, just get in touch ……
Or maybe you’d like us to come and do a Judicial or Silk Taster?
Hear from you soon!
Lord Chief Justice anyone ……??
JAC application details here.
Posted in Judicial
Oh dear ……. here is what the JAC say about the problems with the website crashing today for the on-line Recorder test ……
“We are currently experiencing technical problems with the JAC website. This has resulted in difficulties for Recorder candidates sitting the stage 1 online test.
We apologise to candidates. We are working with suppliers to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
We will endeavour to provide an opportunity for candidates who had technical difficulties to do the test when the problem is resolved. Candidates should email JAAS@jac.gsi.gov.uk with their details and the JAC will be in touch with arrangements.
Please check the JAC website homepage for further updates.”
Info from JAC about this exercise:
This exercise is for candidates applying for the Recorder selection exercise, to allow them to familiarise themselves with the setup of the online qualifying test. It is an opportunity to see how the questions appear on screen, to locate the countdown timer, and to practice logging on to the system, navigating through the questions and submitting the test.
The window for participating in the System Familiarisation Exercise will be between 11.00am on Friday 10 February and 11.00am on Monday 13 February. In order to participate, you will need to have applied first – deadline was 8 Feb.
JAC link for further details