What’s coming up in the next few months?
- DHCJ s9(4) – launches 18 Jan – deadline 1 Feb. Annual competition. 20 vacancies. No previous judicial experience required
- Fee paid FTT – launches 31 Jan – deadline 14 Feb – 250 vacancies. Competition runs every 18 months
- Court of Appeal – launches 1 Feb – deadline 15 Feb – 7 vacancies from this summer. Annual competition
- Deputy DJ – launches 1 Mar – deadline 15 Mar – 300 vacancies – competition only runs every 2 years
- Circuit – launches 15 March – deadline 5 Apr – annual competition
Lots to interest everyone there. Get in touch if you’d like more information about how we can help.
And happy new year ………..
Latest update from JAC website about future appointments:
The MoJ commissions the JAC to run a selection exercise in a vacancy request setting out the number of posts, the jurisdiction and or the circuit or region. Each year the JAC jointly agrees with the MoJ, HMCTS and Judicial Office which selection exercises are to be commissioned for the following financial year.
The Forward Programme for 2017 to 2022 indicates likely future needs for recruitment. Some exercises may be generic to a particular level, such as First-tier Tribunal or Circuit Judge, rather than specific to a jurisdiction or location. Specific details of ad hoc requests for a selection exercise, for example from other government departments, will be published as soon as possible before the exercises are launched.
- Senior appointments: Court of Appeal Justice, High Court Judge
- Courts: Circuit Judge, District Judge, Authorisation to sit as Deputy High Court Judge section 9(4), Authorisation to act as Deputy High Court Judge section 9(1), Recorder, Deputy District Judge
Every 18 months
- Tribunals: Salaried Judge of the Upper Tribunal, Deputy Judge of the Upper Tribunal, Salaried Judge of the First-tier Tribunal, Fee-paid Judge of the First-tier Tribunal
Every 2 years
- Courts: District Judge (magistrates’ courts), Deputy District Judge (magistrates’ courts)
Next DHCJ competition is due to launch on 18 jan 2018 – there will be a 2 week window to submit applications, so start now ……….
Launched on 2 Nov and closing date is 16 Nov at 1pm.
No previous judicial experience is required.
Process: complete a full self-assessment form, provide the names of 2 independent assessors, and provide 2 significant pieces of written work. This written evidence can comprise legal advice, a legal opinion, or a document that demonstrates legal analysis such as a published article (as sole author), public lecture, judgment, ruling or anything else that you consider appropriate.
Link here to JAC website for details.
High Court Judge competition launches 2 Nov 2017 with deadline of 16 Nov; and Deputy High Court Judge competition launches 18 Jan 2018.
Start getting your drafts ready, the turn around deadlines for both are (likely to be) tight.
Posted in Judicial
Tagged DHCJ, HCJ
Candidates will hear tomorrow (1 August) with the date of their Recorder selection day during the window 6-29 Sep. It will include a competency interview and role play. We already have 15 candidates signed up, many with slots booked already. Get in touch as soon as you hear to be sure to get a slot that fits with your selection day. Details here for costs and services we offer.
There are 150 vacancies, so atleast 300 will be attending selection days …… good luck everyone.
Apply by 16 June for next HCJ support programme for competition due to launch in Nov 2017 – 30 vacancies available.