Launched on 2 Nov and closing date is 16 Nov at 1pm.
No previous judicial experience is required.
Process: complete a full self-assessment form, provide the names of 2 independent assessors, and provide 2 significant pieces of written work. This written evidence can comprise legal advice, a legal opinion, or a document that demonstrates legal analysis such as a published article (as sole author), public lecture, judgment, ruling or anything else that you consider appropriate.
Link here to JAC website for details.
High Court Judge competition launches 2 Nov 2017 with deadline of 16 Nov; and Deputy High Court Judge competition launches 18 Jan 2018.
Start getting your drafts ready, the turn around deadlines for both are (likely to be) tight.
Posted in Judicial
Tagged DHCJ, HCJ
Apply by 16 June for next HCJ support programme for competition due to launch in Nov 2017 – 30 vacancies available.
Forthcoming judicial competitions:
- Deputy High Court Judge s9(4) – aimed at those with no judicial experience – 15 vacancies – due to launch 15 Nov 2016
- High Court Judge – due to launch Jan 2017
- Recorder – 100 vacancies – due to launch Feb 2017
Sign up for alerts from JAC website:
Update on current competitions:
- Spec Civ Circuit Judge – 2 x vacancies in NE – launches 23 March 16
- Dep High Court Judge s9(1) – selection days 6-14 April 16 – results end June 16
- Master of Rolls – interviews on 20 April 16
- Circuit Judge – short-listing results on 8 April – selection days 25 April – 5 May (situational Qg and competency interview) – results mid July 16
- High Court Judge – results end May 16
- DDJ Mags – launches July 16 – 18 vacancies
Get in touch if you need any help with any of these competitions.